Wednesday, January 29, 2014

New Girl

Meet my new best friends:

Have you seen this ridiculously funny show yet? Because I'll tell you, I missed the boat on it for several seasons, only to recently discover it on Netflix. And then I binged on them and now I'm done and very lonely.

:(

I know, I know...you don't have time to watch another show. And you shouldn't. You should be reading. Might I suggest any of the books on the sidebar of this website? :D

But at 21 minutes a pop without commercials, this show is the perfect-sized bite of comedy and heart. And it occurred to me, as I was ingesting every episode I could get my eyeballs on, just why I love to watch.

  1. Schmidt.
  2. The lead character's name is Jess.
  3. Nick.
  4. Winston.
  5. Every line Schmidt says.
  6. Guest stars: Rob Reiner, Jamie Lee Curtis, Justin Long, Steve Amell, Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) from True Blood, Dermot Mulroney, Taylor Swift (I mean really, who wasn't on it?)
  7. Schmidt.
  8. This show is the perfect blend of sexy and funny. 
Before I go on a Schmidt fandom quote-a-thon (he's my fave if you couldn't tell)...


...let's talk about reason #6.

There are two things I love in romance: sexy and funny. I love the steamy stuff, but a bit of levity is always nice. And when you can get across a big, heartfelt emotional moment after being ridiculously funny? Well, that's a win in a BIG way. New Girl does just that. You may think Nick the curmudgeonly man-child until 

(warning: *SPOILER* below)

he kisses Jess and you literally feel your internal organs rock around in your torso. Seriously. Have you seen this kiss? It's epic. Amazing. And the fact that it's one of the most romantic kisses I've seen on the silliest show I've ever watched makes it all the more special.

Watch it. Then watch it again.


Hey, watch it a third time. No judging here. What's another :35 seconds?

(*END SPOILER*)

Love funny & sexy? Might I humbly recommend New Girl for your television watching enjoyment. Might I also not-so humbly recommend my book, Hard to Handle, book 2 in my Love in the Balance series. It's available on e-book for $2.99, and the paperback will be in a store near you in March. 

Hot, motorcycle-riding, scruffy guy is still in love with the hot, petite blonde he loved and left a year ago. Think he'll get her back? (Yes.) But he'll have a helluva time doing it...

Happy watching (and reading)!
~Jess
PS, you got some Schmidt on your face.


Jessica Lemmon writes sassy, sexy contemporary romance with a squeeze of humor. She blogs on this site on rotation with the other Sassy Chicks. You can find out more at www.jessicalemmon.com, LIKE her at www.facebook.com/authorjessicalemmon, and tweet her in 140-character bursts on Twitter: @lemmony

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! Love Schmidt!!! Love Jess and Nick kissing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get enough of this show! I literally screamed yes and gave a fist pump when Jess and Nick finally kissed <3

    ReplyDelete